Oral Conscious Sedation, or OCS, provides a stronger level of sedation than Nitrous Oxide. Many patients prefer to use OCS for the deeper relaxation it provides. Though you are still able to stand, walk, or answer questions, you remain in a calm and drowsy state throughout the treatment. With OCS, many patients have found they have little memory of the procedure after the fact. For patients with dental anxiety, this can be a great benefit.
Your safety is our top priority. At your appointment, be sure to tell us:
- Any prescription medications or over-the-counter medications you are taking
- Any herbal or nutritional supplements you are using
- Any allergies you have, particularly medication reactions
- Any health conditions you have
- Any questions or concerns you may have about your treatment or about sedation dentistry
For more information about using sedation dentistry with your next treatment, contact Today’s Dentistry.